RE: ld for VMS?

Douglas, thank you, that seems to help.

Without set file attr:

WALLIS> link Wr.mo
%LINK-W-RECTYP, file USER$DISK:[JAYKRELL.CM3-BOOT-ALPHA32_VMS-1]WR.MO;1 record 1 is illegal (90.)
%LINK-W-RECTYP, file USER$DISK:[JAYKRELL.CM3-BOOT-ALPHA32_VMS-1]WR.MO;1 record 2 is illegal (2048.)

With set file attr:

WALLIS> link char.mo
%LINK-W-NUDFSYMS, 3 undefined symbols:
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, ??? Char_I3
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, ??? RTHooks_I3
%LINK-I-UDFSYM, ??? Word_I3
%LINK-W-USEUNDEF, undefined symbol Char_I3 referenced
??? in psect $DATA$ offset %X00000090
??? in module CHAR file USER$DISK:[JAYKRELL.CM3-BOOT-ALPHA32_VMS-1]CHAR.MO;1

That isn't supposed to have succeeded, it's just one .obj among a bunch.
But at least the errors make more sense.

I know VMS file system is "different", but I don't know enough to know what to do about it. :)
VMS users (you and the sysadmin) are very quick to suggest things that sounds very
easy to them but I have no idea where the supply of these suggestions is. :)

Something is still off doing a cross link.
Also I noticed some configure.com, makefile.vms strewn around, but they seem to be partly out of date.
I also see Tristan rewrote some of the stuff recently, so not all out of date.

Thanks,
?- Jay