RE: ld for VMS?

The memcpy problem was #define __size_t. Moving along.. :)

?> decc$crtl_init

Presumably related to decc$main? I'll check the docs.

> how do I copy

The VMS machine has a web server, just serving out a directory, it lists files, I click
on them, they download. I've tried bare .obj files and .zips.
The .zips certainly work in general since that's how I got the headers and libraries.
I could use .tar.gz also but haven't been.

To copy to VMS (hello.exe) I use sftp.
sftp might also work to copy from VMS, though the one time I tried it exited, not sure if it was before
or after the copy.

For some reason scp isn't working, which is what I'd normally use.
?It complains about an extra newline or such.
?
I can also probably email uuencoded files.

If I'm really successful on this project, maybe I can get a working cross-built openssh/scp..

Given the handler isn't needed, I'm fine with gcc-built crt0.c.
Presumably the patch is either to remove the handler and just compile with gcc, or #ifdef __GNUC__ around it.
And then update the makefile chunks.

alpha64-dec-vms has additional problems because of the pointer size stuff, though I don't get it.
If the pointers are indeed 32bits, declare that they are ints and extend them to long, and pass long
pointers to main (assuming main is compiled with gcc..and assuming gcc doesn't do something
funny for main). I don't see why the copying is done.

Thanks,
?- Jay