Re: ld for VMS?

On 3/05/2010 9:43 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> On May 3, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Tim Sneddon wrote:

>>> Ok.

>>> Yes, but I am not sure this is documented.  Calling decc$main should make it.
>>>

>> DECC$CRTL_INIT is supported and documented here:
>>
>>     http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83final/5763/5763pro_028.html#decc_crtl_init_routine
>>
>> The example provided shows the routine being called from Pascal.
>
> Right.  But what is not documented is decc$main, which calls decc$crtl_init.

Good point, I misunderstood.  I also cleverly sent the mail to you
only, and not the list.

The prototype for DECC$MAIN looks something like this:

 void decc$main(void *arg1,
                void *arg2,
                void *arg3,
                IFD *image_file_desc,  /* Ptr to image file descriptor block */
                                       /*  returned by image activator.      */
                void *arg5,
                void *arg6,
                int *argc,             /* Ptr to returned argument count */
                void **argv,           /* Ptr to returned argument vector */
                void **envp);          /* Ptr to returned environment vector */

You can see the layout for IFD in <ifddef.h>, found in the text
library, SYS$LIBRARY:SYS$LIB_C.TLB.

The image file descriptor is argument 4 of the 6 arguments passed
to the user image by the $IMGSTA service.

Tim.