Re: RFC: Add zlib source to src CVS resposity

On 10/30/2010, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Binutils can compress/decompress debug sections if zlib is available.
> I imported zlib from gcc source tree to binutils source tree. ...

Please consider using -DNO_GZIP in zlib version 1.2.5 (April 19, 2010)
from  http://zlib.net/ .  Compiling zlib with -DNO_GZIP forces adler32
as the checksum algorithm instead of crc32, and zlib streams for the
data format instead of gzip streams.  adler32 is significantly faster,
less energy intensive, and several kilobytes smaller in static size
because it uses no CRC table. The cost is a loss of at most 0.023%
in detecting corruption.

--
John Reiser, jreiser@BitWagon.com