Re: PATCH: Don't display bits only used for BFD in abfd->flags.

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 07:31:55PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> I checked in this patch to avoid displaying bits only used for BFD in
> abfd->flags.

OK, so now we are down to just these fails.

dlx-elf  +FAIL: ld-elf/compress1a
dlx-elf  +FAIL: ld-elf/compress1b
i370-linux  +FAIL: ld-elf/compress1c
microblaze-elf  +FAIL: ld-elf/compress1a
microblaze-elf  +FAIL: ld-elf/compress1b

The i370 one is an assertion failure, but there are many others like
it in this port, so that fail can be ignored.  The other fails are due
to dlx and microblaze not mentioning debug sections in their linker
scripts.  That's interesting because it shows a deficiency in the
current compressed debug section support, in the handling of orphan
sections.  I guarantee you will run into this even on x86 with
projects that provide their own linker scripts.

A possible fix is to rename input sections when decompressing.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM