Indexed string tables?

I'm updating my support for 16-bit OMF objects, and noticed that
bfd/hash.c has some sort of string table utilities, but they don't do
what I need them to do.  OMF needs a strings table that is
sequentially indexed, not hashed a la ELF.  I am not and was not aware
of any such existing utilities, so I wrote a new file, calling it
strtab.c (and a header).  It feels unclean to put such generic
interfaces into i386omf.c, since there's nothing OMF-specific about
such a table of strings.  Any objections to the name I chose?  The
three functions comprising the interface are all prefixed with strtab_
- same goes, comments?  I'm asking now because I hope to avoid having
to rewrite history when I submit my OMF total-changes patch,
preferring to preserve its history as much as is reasonable.