Re: binutils on mingw/mingw64 large files (>2GB) support

On 01/06/2011 05:21 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:

2. replace off_t, stat, fstat with bn_off_t, bn_stat,
bn_fstat (bn - means binutils) in all sources and "define"
them as stat64, fstat64 in config.h (or some another include file)
if we are on mingw, else stay with (stat, fstat);
3. wait for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS support.

Well I would opt for 3. :-) Not just because it is the simplest from my point of view, but also because it is the correct thing to do. Trying to implement our version of large file support for mingw is just silly, and very likely to generate more errors. It will be better to wait for the official mingw developers to add the necessary feature.

This may lead to deadlock:). MinGW people may say: "We have large file support, just call appropriate functions, stat64, etc".

It is interesting mingw people opinion, if they here us...

Regards
Vladimir