x32 psABI draft version 0.3

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@novell.com> wrote:
>> How about only allowing REL relocations in executables and DSOes?
>
> That'd be at least part of it, but I'd still prefer not forbidding them
> altogether, but also not requiring an implementation to support
> them (just to repeat it - in a long abandoned new OS of ours we
> had ignored the forbidding, and allowed REL in relocatable objects
> [which were the only objects used there, the loadable ones
> distinguished from "normal" ones by the presence of some OS-
> specific data structures], with the static linker picking the type
> depending on the module's needs).

I updated x32 psABI draft to version 0.3 with

---
The AMD64 LP64 ABI architecture uses only Elf64_Rela relocation entries
with explicit addends. The r_addend member serves as the relocation
addend.

The AMD64 X32 ABI architecture uses only Elf32_Rela relocation entries
in relocatable files. Relocations contained within executable files or
shared objects
may use either Elf32_Rela relocation or Elf32_Rel relocation.
---

which is similar to ia64 psABI where rel relocations are only allowed within
executable files or shared objects.

H.J.