Re: PATCH: Fix support for DragonFly BSD on binutils 2.21 and trunk

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM, John Marino wrote:
> It's probably obvious that I didn't see the connection between gcc and
> binutils versions of config.guess. ?I don't see a problem if binutils
> supports more systems that gcc. ?Are you saying that you keep
> binutils/config.guess and gcc/config.guess in sync with each other?

the source tree is maintained such that you can drop subdirs into each
other.  all the top level files are kept in sync (gcc is the master
while sourceware.org is the slave), as are any subdirs which both the
gcc tree and the sourceware.org cvs have (like libdecnumber).  so we
get people to commit to gcc first, and then manually sync the
sourceware.org cvs tree.
-mike