Re: 68hc11/12/s12x/xgate patch

Hi James,

Attached is a patch for the 68hc11 target of binutils.
(This is my first contribution, so please go easy..)

Thank you for the patch submission, and my apologese for taking so long to review it.

First of all, I must point out that we do not appear to have a FSF Copyright Assignment on file from you. This is essential in order for us to be able to accept the patch. I have attached a form you can fill out and email to the FSF should you wish to pursue this.

As for the patch itself, it is fine apart from one problem - it introduces some new gas testsuite failures to the m68hc11-elf target. Specifically:

  GAS REGRESSION: movb 200,x,3,y : Offset out
  GAS REGRESSION: movb 2,x,300,y : Offset out
  GAS REGRESSION: movb 2,x,bar,y bar=300 : Offset
  GAS REGRESSION: movb bar,y,2,x bar=300 : Offset
  GAS REGRESSION: movb 200,pc,3,y : Offset out
  GAS REGRESSION: movb 2,x,300,pc : Offset out
  GAS REGRESSION: insns
  GAS REGRESSION: lbranch
  GAS REGRESSION: all_insns
  GAS REGRESSION: Dwarf2 test on insns.s
  GAS REGRESSION: Dwarf2 test on lbranch.s
  GAS REGRESSION: Motorola Assembly Language Input Standard
  GAS REGRESSION: 68HC12 specific addressing modes (opers12)
  GAS REGRESSION: Dwarf2 test on opers12.s
  GAS REGRESSION: 68HC12 branchs
  GAS REGRESSION: 68HC12 specific instructions (insns12)
  GAS REGRESSION: 68HC12 indexed addressing mode with
  GAS REGRESSION: 68HC12 PC-relative addressing modes (bug-1825)
  GAS REGRESSION: 68HC12 movb movw instructions

Please could you look into these and, once you have a Copyright Assignment in place, submit a revised patch that does not introduce any regressions.

Cheers
  Nick