Re: linker relaxation

Hi Nagaraju,

    But my linker is not decreasing relaxed instructions space as a
result debug_loc locations in the dwarf2 debugging information is
displaying the address ranges that are generated by compiler.

    I know this is a known issue in linker relaxation, but as a newbie
to binutils I could not figure it out where to change in my code.

The most likely place is: bfd/elf32-microblaze.c:microblaze_elf_relax_section().

It is also possible that the DWARF debug_loc address ranges are being computed by the assembler, rather than the linker. Hence they are fixed before relaxation occurs and so cannot be corrected by the linker. Have a look at gas/config/tc-mn10300.c:
mn10300_allow_local_subtract() for an example of port that has this problem and how it was fixed there.

Cheers
  Nick