Re: Where's bfd.h

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
"Bill Cunningham" <billcun@suddenlink.net> writes:

   Where is bfd.h ? I just want to put info into elf's info section
header. Not to much to ask right now. Geesh.

bfd.h is generated from bfd/bfd-in2.h, which is in turn generated from bfd/bfd-in1.h and a number of other files in the BFD directory.

OK I see now. I was looking at the raw source.

I'm not sure what you mean by "put info into elf's info section
header," but note that ELF structures are mostly defined in elf-bfd.h
and in include/elf.

In the compiled compiled binutils-2.21 I get syscat.h ansidecl.h and bfd.h and the libbfd.a static library in the /lib directory. ELF's section struct has a referrence to SH_INFO. This is I believe where a vendor puts information about his ELF file. COFF maybe different.

Bill