Re: [Patch mach-o/gas] make section type names target-dependent.

On 19 Dec 2011, at 12:46, Tristan Gingold wrote:

Almost OK for me. I don't understand the reordering of bfd_mach_o_section type. They were ordering by values. What is the new criteria ?

Well, the expensive search is on the text when running gas. I was thinking that, ideally, the tables would be ordered so that the most-often-used types are near the beginning (a dup value had also crept in).

Ok, that makes sense. Please, just add a comment that the entries are ordered by use frequency for gas (until we use an hash table).

done.
Should I commit ?

I suppose I should do this one.. and see if I have everything in place correctly…

Great, go ahead!

done, hopefully all OK ... would be grateful for an eye cast over it in case I've missed anything about differences in policy between here and GCC.

cheers
Iain