Re: Debuggin info for unused sections

Hi Tristan,

Wouldn't be possible to compact debug sections (i.e. discarding bytes corresponding to garbage collected sections) ?

Yes. In fact there is a lot we could do to reduce the size of the debug sections, not just by eliminating references to garbage collected sections. There is a lot of duplicated information for example, as well as better ways of encoding some information. I even wrote a tool once to do most of this, but it never saw the light of day. Basically it is a non-trivial task, but one that would be worthwhile should somebody be interested in doing it.

Cheers
  Nick