Re: Strange ARM issue: wrong exception table type?

> David,
> What toolchain are you using?  If it is not a current binutils can you try
> with current HEAD?
I've tried both the CodeSourcery version and 2.2.0:

CodeSourcery versions:

arm-none-linux-gnueabi-objdump --version; arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++
--version; arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as --version
GNU objdump (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67) 2.19.51.20090709
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later
version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67) 4.4.1

GNU assembler (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67) 2.19.51.20090709
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `arm-none-linux-gnueabi'.

Mainline versions:
arm-linux-gnueabi-objdump --version; arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ --version;
arm-linux-gnueabi-as --version
GNU objdump (GNU Binutils) 2.20.1.20100303
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later
version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ (GCC) 4.6.1

GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.20.1.20100303
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `arm-linux-gnueabi'.

> If possible can you provide the assembler source and the output of readelf
> -u on both object files?
Sure - how best should I do this, as an attached tgz?

> Have you tried *exactly* the same as copied from one machine to another?
If by that you mean "copy the toolchain" - yes, the toolchains are
identical (at least the CodeSourcery chains are - the newer chain is part
of an ongoing, but currently stalled, project to bring the tools more up
to date).

> The symptoms you describe sound like a use of uninitialised memory bug.
> However we need more information (as requested above) to be able to
> diagnose
> the issue further.

That may be (I assume you mean "uninitialized memory bug in the
assembler"), but it's odd that it is so consistently wrong on my machine
and so consistently right on my coworkers.