Re: Build problems [fixed?]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 05:17:28PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
     John Darrington <john@darrington.wattle.id.au> writes:

     > I don't seem to be able to build from the CVS repository.
     >
     > I always get the following message:
     >

     > Configuring in ./gas
     > configure: loading cache ./config.cache
     > configure: error: `YACC' has changed since the previous run:
     > configure:   former value:  `/home/john/binutils/src/missing bison -y'
     > configure:   current value: `bison -y'
     > configure: error: in `/Scratch/john/gas':
     > configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
     > configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and start over
     >

     > No matter how many times I do make distclean etc, this
     > same message always occurs.
     >
     > What am I doing wrong?

     It looks like you are running ./configure.  That should work in
     principle but is generally ill-advised.  I recommend doing a fresh
     checkout and running configure in a different directory.

     That said, your specific problem seems to be gas/config.cache is not
     being removed.  I don't know why, as "make distclean" in the gas
     directory should remove it.  Presumably the top level "make distclean"
     is not descending into the gas directory, but again I don't know why.

The problem seemed to go away once I stopped building with make -j

But I couldn't reproduce it when I started usign the -j flag again.  Odd.

Thanks for your help anyway.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3