Re: xtensa-fsf-ld: dangerous relocation: call8: call target out of range

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM, nick clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Max,
>

>> thanks for your suggestion. I was trying to make a test case when I
>> found that I used FSF overlay
>
> Umm, what exactly do you mean by "overlay" ?

That's how you configure binutils, gcc, gdb and linux for the specific
Tensilica processor. In short it's a number of *.h/*.c files generated
by Tensilica tools as a by-product of processor core instantiation.
They provide various processor-specific #defines and functions.

Stock binutils, gcc and gdb are configured with the so-called 'FSF'
overlay.

What's strange with it is that overlay corresponds to a specific
processor core configuration, it shouldn't change over time: if it
does, it should be another overlay, for another processor core.

And binutils/gcc and linux should be configured with one overlay,
which is now broken.

--
Thanks.
-- Max