Re: [AArch64] Binutils/gas/ld port for ARM's new 64-bit architecture, AArch64 [6/6] binutils changes

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Yufeng Zhang wrote:

> This patch adds the binutils changes of the AArch64 target support.

Are you sure this is adding full support to readelf?  You appear to have
some architecture-specific PT_*, SHT_* and SHF_* values in elf/aarch64.h,
so readelf should know how to display those - and in general such support
is conditioned on the architecture, so even if the names and values are
the same as for ARM, I'd expect you to need conditionals to enable the
decoding for AArch64 as well as for ARM.  (In general I'd advise going
through the ELF ABI and making sure that all such architecture-specific
values from the ABI are (a) present in elf/aarch64.h and (b) properly
displayed by readelf.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com