Re: Issue Tracker Used? Git migration checklist.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012, Fred Cooke wrote:

> What I do recall is that other projects share certain resources. Can
> someone knowledgeable on this subject detail exactly what the
> structure looks like, preferably with a diagram (if it's complicated
> enough to warrant one).

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2011-03/msg00486.html (point 6).  The basic
principle there is to move binutils+gdb and leave it to each other project
to decide if and when it wishes to move and what version control system to
move to if so.

Apart from that March / April 2011 discussion, see discussions on the gdb
list (Oct 2011, Dec 2010, Oct 2009, Jun 2009); binutils list (Jan 2010,
May 2009) - there may be other past discussions, and for each of those
you'll need to check the previous / subsequent months in the archives for
discussions crossing month boundaries.  Reading all those past discussions
may take a while, but should allow extraction of a list of relevant issues
for a migration plan.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com