IFUNC question (looking to implement it on MIPS)

With all the MIPS variations out there it seems like having the IFUNC
functionality available on MIPS would be very useful.  Before doing a
bunch of work in this space I wanted to see if anyone has already looked
at this.  It looks like most of the work is in binutils (bfd and gold
seem to have the most target specific ifunc changes).  It doesn't look
like GCC needs much in the way of changes.  I guess some work in glibc
for the dynamic linker may be needed too.

Is there any documentation or help available for implementing this other
then looking at what other targets have done?

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@mips.com