Re: [GOLD] debug_msg test

> First, I think it would be simpler to set DEFAULT_TARGET in
> configure.ac and AC_SUBST it in configure.ac.  After the
> AM_CONDITIONAL lines setting DEFAULT_TARGET_ARM and friends:
>     DEFAULT_TARGET=${targ_obj}
>     AC_SUBST(DEFAULT_TARGET)
>
> Then after you run autoreconf DEFAULT_TARGET will be set in
> testsuite/Makefile.am.
>
> To get it into the environment, add this to testsuite/Makefile.am:
>
> .EXPORT_ALL_VARIABLES:

Ah, good point. This won't have any effect with other versions of
make, but it at least won't give a syntax error, right? Depending on
how we write the 'if' in the script, we can either execute the check
for all targets, or skip it for all targets when using a non-Gnu make.
Which would be preferable?

-cary