Re: objdump segfault

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 06:01:14AM -1000, NightStrike wrote:
>> If I use ar to add one archive to another, followed by a ranlib, an
>> objdump on the subsequent archive segfaults.
>
> We were attempting to close the archive twice, due to a bug in
> _bfd_archive_close_and_cleanup.  I think this should fix it.
>
>         * archive.c (_bfd_archive_close_and_cleanup): Clear parent
>         cache slot for archives.

This works great, too!  Thanks for the instant fixes, Alan.  It's
hugely appreciated.

I do want to say that we at the mingw-w64.sf.net project have always
marveled at how the binutils team is so responsive.  In fact, as a
general policy, we use binutils trunk for pretty much everything
because of how stable you guys keep things.  So, from one FOSS project
to another, thanks a ton :)