Re: git is live

> Assuming you're talking about the web site CVS archives on Savannah,
> this issue is raised about every month or so on the GNU lists.  It
> always ends the same way (so far):
[...]

That solves that half of the discussion :). Thanks for the summary.

We probably stand a better chance to at least transition the
sourceware.org side. Even if savannah remains with CVS, which
sounds reasonable based on your summary, we'd still gain a little
bit, as it would simplify my procedure for pushing/mirroring
other people's updates from sourceware to savannah. This is
because I use "git cvsimport" to import other people's changes
into my git mirror, in order to be able to "cvsexportcommit" it
to savannah. That step, for some reason, has always been
temperamental, probably because I've never taken the time
necessary to really make it work for incremental updates
mixed with my own.

--
Joel