Re: merging from gcc

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-11-08 11:11:09 -0700, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:
> > I've finally set up some semi-automatic merging from gcc to
> > binutils-gdb.git.
>
> What about merging other external stuff? For the binutils/gdb repo, I
> have this in mind:

Any such merges of shared files maintained elsewhere, please update all of
GCC SVN, binutils-gdb git and src CVS at the same time, rather than just a
subset.  (As the files you mention should always come verbatim from
upstream, you don't need to worry about cases where people have changed
the different repositories in different ways and you have to do a
multi-way merge - you should just be able to copy in the latest version to
all three repositories.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com