RE: Section (.sdata2) being omitted but SIZEOF(.sdata2) is not zero?

> Yes, I think you've nailed it (a nice debugging effort!).  We strip sections early
> based on their sizes before relaxation.  Your .sdata2 section is empty except
> for the padding, and the layout before relaxation just happens to need no
> padding.  After relaxation you need padding but the section with the padding
> has gone.  :-(

Does this fully explain the case where both .sdata2 is missing *and* the following .data section is not aligned on a 4KB boundary?  I can't find an elf file showing that at the moment, but I think I included objdump output somewhere in this thread showing it.  IIRC, .data started 0x200 bytes beyond a page  boundary.  I think the phantom .sdata2 section was 0x400 bytes in that case.

--Doug