Re: Implementation Language

   I would like to keep Scheme, especially if some of the code is
   reorganized.  The halfhearted O-O structures (not cos.scm, but its
   uses) particularly bug me.

Likewise.  R5RS has no object system, right?  Is GOOPS a risky proposition?

   We don't need to be dependent on any particular Scheme implementation.
   We could assume R5RS, and add only essential minimal
   interpreter-specifics.

I'm all for this.

   > However, I think the current Guile implementation has a _long_ way to go
   > in this regard, and I'm not convinced it will ever get there.

   It's a good operational starting point.

Is it likely that we can have any influence over the Guile crowd to get the
things from Guile that we want?  What's wrong exactly with the Guile
implementation--if considered as simply an implementation of R5RS?

Ben