Re: [RFA] Patch to sim/common/cgen-ops.h

jjohnstn wrote:

   The operation itself is not meaningful (you are subsuming the 2nd SF's
   exponent as a mantissa and you are stealing mantissa bits from the 1st
   SF to form the new DF exponent).  Even if this is valid behavior on
   the chip, IMO it would be more straightforward to have two different
   sets of virtual registers (SF vs DF).  They would both share the same
   storage and using pointers you would get your desired result.

I'm sold.  I'll remove that function and check the rest in.

Ben