Re: Endianness and CGEN_INT_INSN_P

Hi -

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 01:48:37PM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
: When CGEN_INT_INSN_P is true, the instruction gets written as a single
: integer with the bytes arranged according to the target endianness.  This
: only seems appropriate when every instruction is one word long.

The code checks for all instructions being at most one word (32 bits)
long, not exactly one word long.

I must admit that I would prefer to see a single general mechanism
(byte strings) as opposed to that PLUS a reasonable but tricky
optimization.  Doug, do you have any sense of how much processing
time the INT_INSN_P flag saves when present?

- FChE

PGP signature