Re: Updated patch: rtl.scm & operand.scm

   I include the new patch here this time.  It's better in that it
   formally stores the operand's pretty-name, but some cleanup would
   still be nice (to use it and store it systematically).

Very nice--I've rebuilt my port with this patch and it's so much clearer!
I guess it would have bothered me enough eventually. :-)

   Now the nice hw names are printed for all cases I have come across,
   without hurting the profiling logic in sim.scm.

What was the problem?

    		; Name as used in semantic code.
    		; Generally this is the same as NAME.  It is changed by the
    		; `operand:' rtx function.  One reason is to set a "pretty"
    		; name in tracing output (most useful in memory operands).
    		; A more important reason is to help match semantic operands
    		; with function unit input/output arguments.
    		sem-name

   +		; Pretty name as used in tracing code.
   +		; Generally this is the same as the hardware element's name.
   +		pretty-sem-name
   +

Does the comment for sem-name still apply in whole?

Ben