Re: CGEN output files

Hi -

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 04:16:14PM -0800, Carl Frankel wrote:
: Question:  Does CGEN produce .l/.y files for the assembler
:            as a part of its output?  [...]

Do you mean lex/yacc input files?  No.  CGEN-based assemblers
use a less formal run-time parser system built into the opcodes
library and to a lesser extent gas.

: I ask this as a cpu verifier.  I need to generate a
: directed/random instruction sequence generator  [...]

You may find the existing assembler test case generator
of use.  See cgen's gas-test module and Makefile target.
It is fairly simpleminded (especially with regard to the
lack of diversity in the operand values), but with perhaps
not much Scheme code, it could be made to emit a stream of
randomized instructions.

- FChE

PGP signature