Re: Next Step

Hi.

  Shehryar> 1. I created a temporary build directory and cd to it.
  Shehryar> 2. In it, I wrote
  Shehryar> "/root/src/cgen-1.0/configure --target=m32r
  Shehryar> srcdir=/root/src/cgen-1.0/cgen/"
  Shehryar> 3. After the configuration process, I wrote
  Shehryar> "make opcodes ARCH=m32r"

  Shehryar> Thats all I did. Please correct where I am wrong.

Try this instead:

	# cd to build directory
	~/root/src/opcodes/configure --target=m32r
	make stamp-m32r

(stamp-m32r is a special target that runs CGEN for you).

  Shehryar> p.s., I am now starting to write down the CPU
  Shehryar> description files for the DSP chip I am working on.
  Shehryar> Where can I find complete reference for RTL to be used
  Shehryar> in .cpu files? Is the CGEN manual enough?

The CGEN manual should describe everything you need about the RTL.
There is an entire chapter devoted to it.  If you find any
documentation bugs, feel free to submit bug reports (or patches).

Ben