Using symbols in insn operands

Hi,

I have a slight problem with my gas port to DSP56800. I can't figure out how to
make gas compiler lookup for defined symbols in operand fields without
substatial effort. For example if I have

.equ GPIOA_BASE,$0FB0
move x:GPIOA_BASE,y0

then it won't work because the insn field is defined as h-uint and it will
expect a number. I wasn't able to findout how this is supposed to work in
GAS/CGEN. Of course I can use cpp, which I actually do now, but I think that
that's not right.

Thanks
           Jan Zizka