Re: Use of DI mode on 32-bit hosts

Michael Meissner writes:
 > By the way, what is the way to configure cgen?  The toplevel makefile doesn't
 > seem to go into the cgen directory, and if I configure cgen directly from the
 > subdirectory, I get the following in the tmp-desc.h file:
 >
 > #ifndef @ARCH@_CPU_H
 > #define @ARCH@_CPU_H
 >
 > Obviously this is a minor annoyance, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't be
 > invoking it from the toplevel Makefile.

You don't need to configure cgen to generate files.
Cgen use to get configured but that part got removed.
It's still needed to build the docs of course so that part
has to get put back.

When you configure the entire tree, add --enable-cgen-maint.
Also, add your cpu to opcodes/Makefile.am.
Grep for the other cgen cpu files in there and cut-n-paste.

Then when you go to build in opcodes, the dependencies there
will invoke cgen as appropriate.

And if you want to just generate the files and not build anything

bash$ make stamp-<cpu>

[Perhaps that's what you're doing already.
Though I'm then at a loss to explain why @ARCH@ didn't get substituted.]