Re: [RFA:] Fix breakage of manually building SID CPU

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:16:55 -0500
From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche@redhat.com>

I believe (delay) was never implemented properly for the SIM backend,
only for SID. I expect it to be treated rather like a no-op for SIM,
or equivalently, that any SIM-targeting .cpu users of (delay) should
work just as well without.

Um, what (delay) are you referring to above? A (delay 1 (set pc something)) certainly is different to (set pc something).

I now think it's the cris.cpu pc setter function that may have
something that causes the SID cgen-cpu generators to barf.

(delay 1 (set pc something))

was already implemented and working for SIM (fr30 uses it). It appears that

(set (delay 1 pc) something)

was only implemtned for SID. Furthermore, SIM now only accepts the former and SID only accepts the latter, making it difficult (impossible?) to share a .cpu file for both back ends.

Dave