Re: copyright issues for cgen-generated tools

Joern Rennecke wrote:

That might be descriptive of m32r.cpu, but when you look at sh64-compact.cpu,
the difference between the cpu/ and the cgen/cpu/ versions is larger than
the cpu/ version.  Also, the cgen/cpu/ version has only Red Hat copyright
notices, for 2000 and 2006; the cpu/ version has only a 2000 copyright
notice.
The old/new code ratio is even worse for sh.cpu

There are also significantly more files in cgen/cpu than in cpu/ ;
the difference are new additions, leading strength to the impression
that cgen/cpu/ is the master copy.

We recently completed work to implement the entire sh architecture in SID starting with the existing sh64 implementation which already existed in cpu/ and cgen/cpu and which were nearly identical at the time. No one could tell me which one was the master and it appeared that some work was in cgen/cpu/ but not in cpu/, so I arbitrarily chose to work in cgen/cpu/.

It doesn't matter to us (Red Hat) where the copyright lies for this port, so feel free to bring cpu/ up to date and make it the master if you please.

Dave