RFC: Contributing the CGEN source to the FSF

Hi Guys,

  I would like to have cgen sources contributed to the FSF.  I am
  prepared to do the work, but does anyone have any objections or
  concerns ?  If I can get agreement to the change then I will go
  ahead with it as soon as possible.

  One notable consequence of contributing the sources is that the
  source license would change from GPL version 2 to GPL version 3, in
  line with current FSF policy.

  Another consequence would be that we could remove one of the cpu/
  directories (either <toplevel>/cpu or <toplevel>/cgen/cpu, I am not
  sure which would be better).

  What do people think - is this a good idea ?

Cheers
  Nick

PS.  The impetus for this change has come from the FSF initiative to
  change all of their projects sources over to the GPLv3 (or LGPLv3).
  This includes both the binutils and GDB projects, so it would be
  consistent if the cgen sources were changed over as well.  (They do
  not have to be, of course).  So, if the cgen sources are going to
  be changed to GPLv3 then why not contribute them at the same time ?