Re: problem with 64-bit arch

Doug Evans wrote:
We were just discussing instruction word bitsizes of 64, and it's not clear what to do.
I don't mind going down the path of having 64 bit instructions expressed as a single 64 bit integer (*1), but can you confirm your architecture has 64-bit instructions? From the given sample, it seems like it has 32 bit instructions and 64-bit words (like sparc64).

You guessed right: my target arch has 32 bit instructions (which I expressed with base-insn-bitsize == 32), and uses 64-bit words for data and addresses (expressed with word-bitsize == 64).

Clearly the missing type in the cast is a bug. That should be easy to fix. As for the use of long to record a 64-bit value, that should also be (relatively) easy to fix.
I'll dig deeper tonight.

Good to hear, thanks!

I found the cast could be fixed by changing the "(dfm 'DI..." line in mode.scm, but have no idea about the possible side effects, and didn't find a cure for the use of long anyway.

Cheers, JM