Experience with gcc, etc., and StrongARM

Hello crossgccer's

Does anyone have any experience with using 'gcc' and 'newlib' with
the Digital/ARM StrongARM EBSA-110 evaluation board.

I have used the 'semilib' minature c library from Cambridge University
but it will only run in the 'gdb-4.16' ARM simulator with simple
programs. These programs fail when loaded via 'gdb' on to the EBSA board.

I have attempted to compile the 'newlib' from Cygnus and the Army RTEMS
project for the ARM but with floating point problems (no floating point
software) and the 'crt0' module gets link errors for '__bss_...' symbols.

If anyone has any enlightenment on the use of 'gcc' and friends on the
StrongARM (or any ARM for that matter), I would be greatly appreciative.

Cheers,

 Dr George D Detlefsen,
 InterLinear Technology,                phone:  1-(510)-522-5077
 1420 Harbor Bay Pkwy # 281             fax:    1-(510)-522-1228
 Alameda CA 94502-6556 USA              email:  drgeorge@ilt.com

 `All progress comes thru the work of heretics` -- Dr George