Re: FreeBSD to Solaris cross compile

Bernie Doehner wrote:

> I am trying to cross compile to build a FreeBSD->Solaris crosscompiler so
> that I can build gcc to run under Solaris natively. Has anyone on this
> list done this successfuly?  I am having lots of problems compiling
> libgcc (seems to want unistd.h and some other headers) and I am rather
> confused.

Whereabouts in the build process are things dying?  At some stage
you are going to need the Solaris libraries and includes, and getting
these in the right place and time will mean careful reading of the
GCC build notes.

If you're building the cross-compiler, there are some testing
options (CROSSTEST and ENQUIRE, IIRC) that you may want to remove
from the makefile, as these require the headers for the target
system which you may not have installed.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"