RE: FreeBSD cross-compile

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:23:17 -0500
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@hawk.pearson.udel.edu>

: Basicaly what I am trying to do is build a FreeBSD->Solaris cross gcc so
: that I can build a native Solaris compiler, but I have been having missing
: header problems and I incorrectly assumed that the crosscompiler compile
: wanted solaris headers.
:
: All in all this is a very confusing procedure. You have probably heard me
: complain about the lack of documentation. I am trying a few different
: cross compilers so that hopefuly I can add some helpful mods to the FAQ>
:
: ANyways, for now, I am wiping out gcc and redownloading it again (this
: time with the FreeBSD headers). I'll post a message when I have it
: working.

Ah, I see.  I'd be interested in any progress that you make in this.  If
I remember correctly from trying to build a freebsd-cygwin32
cross-compiler, it may not be possible.  Unfortunately, from what I've
been told, newlib, and thus the Cygnus GCC kit doesn't work (yet?) with
FreeBSD.  8(

I've been meaning to look into this, but have realized that I'll have to
put it off until the Summer.  If you have any pointers, I'll be happy to
try them out on my end.  Also, what version of FreeBSD are you using
(2.1.7, 2.2, or current)?

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos                %  "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu         %   thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@canary.pearson.udel.edu  %   drives my desires."    (8