Re: 68020-68040 bin (in)compatibility...?

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Robin Kirkham wrote:

> I havn't used it myself, so I can't offer any further advice. Can anyone
> offer a procedure for installing this package? How does it relate to the
> math library of Newlib? Can it be massaged into a higher performance form
> of libm.a for 68040s?

Eric Norum interfaced this package to RTEMS and I have merged it with the
"bleeding edge" source.  I am sure he will correct me if I am misreading
the code but it appears that essentially all that was required was to
install the FPSP exception handlers in the vector table.  If you are using
an RTOS, then you might have to do something special to avoid having the
RTOS do any processing for these exceptions.  The FPSP code assumes it is
directly invoked as the exception handler.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Sr. Computer Scientist
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985