Re: Motorola coldfire520X and gcc/gdb

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Chris Johns wrote:

> Rolf Fiedler wrote:
> >
> > For debugging I want to use gdb, and there is a BDM
> > (background debugging mode) patch for gdb and a kernel module
> > for my linux box's parallel port interface cable.
> > This has been developed for CPU32's with BDM - has anybody tried
> > it with coldfire?
> >

> I am currently looking at using a QUICC chip which also has BDM support.
> I would be interested in the patch for gdb and kernel module for linux.
>
> Do you have a URL for these ?
>
> Chris

I got it from a friend of mine, but you can also find it on
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com
I'm not sure about the directory, but I think /pub/gdb
file is gdb-bdm-patches.tar.gz or similar.

the patch is relative to gdb-4.13 but I patched a gdb-4.16 with it
(had to tweak the gdb/Makefile)

there is a readme, a linux kernel module and a gdb-patch (developed at a
university in Munich, Germany) in this package.

hope this helps,
rolf

|  ||||||   |  Rolf Fiedler                                            |
|  6 6  \   |  Electronic Design Engineer                              |
|  /_  ) |  |  Ferrari electronic GmbH                                 |
|   >   /   |  phone: +49 3328 4559 0  E-Mail: Rolf.Fiedler@Ferrari.DE |
|   |  |    |  fax  : +49 3328 4559 60                                 |