Coldfile compiler internal errors

Help!

Background:

1) We have purchased the Motorola Coldfire evaluation board. It is
currently setup to do TFTP program loads over our network.

2) We obtained gcc-m68k from d.j.fiddes. Installed on our WinNT
machine, it works. Ran 'makefile', successfully compiled, down loaded
and ran all the "example" programs, eg hello.x, dhry.x, siminfo.x,
timer.x, etc.

3) We have a small piece of code, about 3k lines altogether, called
'edwin' that successfully compiles, links and runs under Linux using
gcc.

4) Modified 'makefile' to run on WinNT.

So far, so good.

Problem:

When I run the makefile I get an error on the first source module
that reads as follows:

m68k-coff-gcc -m5200 -O2 -ansi -o ./m_lnx/dialog.o dialog.c
dialog.c: In function 'dw_dialog':
dialog.c:352: Internal error--insn does not satisfy its constraints:
(insn 659 329 331 (set (reg: QI 4 %d4)
               (Reg: QI a% a1)) 48{movstrictqi-1} (nil)
   (nil))
make: ***[m_lnx/dialog.o] error 1

2) I played around with various options and the dialog.c source. The
only thing to materially change the situation is to remove the -m5200
option. I still get some compiler errors, but no internal errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank Suraci
franks@hcrn.com