Re: as: unrecognized option `-c68020'

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Neil Youngman wrote:

> I'm trying to build a cross-compiler to compile for a 68000 (m68k-aout)
> on a linux host.  I've followed the instructions in the FAQ and it dies
> while building libgcc with the message
> 	"as: unrecognized option `-c68020'"
>
> According to the gas manual the correct option is -mc68020.  I've
> grepped through everything in the source tree to try to find where the
> string -c68020 comes from, but with no success.

Somehow gcc is invoking the native as.  This usually indicates that you
did not build using the instructions in the crossgcc FAQ
(ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/embedded/crossgcc) and forgot to build/install
binutils before moving on to gcc.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985