i486 Solaris 2.5 / embedded m68k cross compiler needed

    Michael>      Hello, I've been lurking on this mailing list for
    Michael> some time, trying to pick up information about
    Michael> building/porting cross compilers.  The _big_ problem is
    Michael> that I need a particular cross compiler, but I don't know
    Michael> if I hve the time to home-brew it.  Therefore I was
    Michael> hoping someone out there could tell me if this particular
    Michael> port has ever been performed by anyone, anywhere, and
    Michael> what the time commitment might be (roughly, for a
    Michael> cross-compiler porting "newbie").  Lastly, if this port
    Michael> is available commercially I'd like to know about it.

    Michael>      I need to be able to compile C++ code for an
    Michael> embedded m68k/VME target using a laptop PC running
    Michael> Solaris 2.5 The embedded m68k is running VxWorks and an
    Michael> application layer called Control Shell.  I'll assume that
    Michael> if I can get a compiler working, I should be able to get
    Michael> compatible libraries from the makers of the operating
    Michael> system and the application layer.

If you are a VxWorks customer, they should be able to supply Gnu
toolchain -- cross compiler, assembler, run-time libraries, linker,
debugger, etc.  You could build them yourself, but Wind River supplies
the Gnu tools routinely for their OS.  The trickiest part is the cross
debugger, but they do that too.  I trust you are using some kind of
MVME board from Motorola, and that there is a BSP available for it.

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
Robert Jay Brown III rj@eli.elilabs.com  http://www.elilabs.com 1 847 705-0424