lots of 68k related questions..

----- Forwarded message from Doug Evans -----
Now that I have my cross compiler building, I am still confused by a few
things.

Here is my short list of questions:

1) What is the difference between coff and aout formats?  Why would
I want to use one instead of the other?  This is for embedded applications.

2) How/where do I configure my memory map?  Where do I put my initialization
code? etc?

3) I got the gdb to build using the patches which should allow it to
communicate using a BDM port.  How do I build something that gdb can
read, etc.

4) When I fire up gdb I get a memory corruption error.  Is this do
to my build or is it some know thing about gdb.

By the way, I am building for red-hat 5.0.
gdb-4.16
gcc 2.7.2.3
newlib 1.80
binutils 2.8.1.0.1