Re: 2.8 gcc on m68k

In message <002b01bd4295$985e7750$4216c389@sandray.ma.hw.ac.uk>you write:
>Hi,
>
>>I noticed that a particular set of operations was slower in the new 2.8
>>compiler.  Does anybody know what could be done to get back the 2.7.2.1
>>speed, and still have the 68060 support?
>>
>>It appears that in general
>> move rX(nn), rX(mm)
>>has been replaced with
>> move rX(nn), rY
>> move rY, rX(mm)
>

>Sounds to me like one of the ColdFire mods has escaped. I know that that
>that particular combination of instructions is illegal on the ColdFire
>architecture and that a lot of the m68k.md was modified between 2.7.1 and
>2.8.
>
>Dave

I don't mind that the ColdFire mods are out, I just don't want them
to slow down my 68040/68060.

I \thought/ that was why it was done that way... ;-)

	-barto
--
David Barto	barto@network.ucsd.edu	barto@visionpro.com
>From a Marketing type:
    Don't give me any technical reason why something can't be done.
    If you really believed in the product you'd make it work.