Re: m68k cross and floats

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Jerry Hicks wrote:

> On FreeBSD /usr/ports/devel/crossm68k we use the following patches:
>
> crossgcc-gcc2.7.2.2.patch
> gcc2.7.2.2-2.7.2.3.diff.gz
>

> I would very much like to see the 2.7.x branch updated (and possibly frozen) to include the patches needed to generate a 2.7.2.3
> cross compiler as these have been removed from quite a few FTP sites.  It is much too difficult for a student or inexperienced
> developer to get everything together to get started.
>
> I was able to get binutils-2.9+gcc2.8.1 to build and compile m68k-coff targets just last weekend.  A few trivial programs (C & C++)
> seem to compile and execute correctly, although we haven't had time to test extensively.  Haven't had time to evaluate EGCS either.

We have switched to the egcs distribution for C/C++ RTEMS users.  egcs
does not normally require any general cross patches and builds quite
easily. The full distribution includes the C++ libraries.  The latest
C/C++ RTEMS toolset includes egcs 1.0.2, binutils 2.9, newlib 1.8.0, and
gdb 4.17.

The biggest issue (and it is not that big of one) is that the one-tree
shell script knows the gcc2 organization and not the egcs organization.
This could have changed since the last time I looked.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985