No Subject

That's the way we used to do it, but it seemed "inelegant".  Directly
linking in the configuration data seemed much more direct.  Having to
put something in the linker command file didn't bother me, since the
command file is specific to this board anyway.  But as it stands, I have
to translate the ascii hex to binary, use objcopy to embed the binary in
an existing object file, and save it as a second object file.
Translating to C is starting to sound better again.  Of course, now I'll
have the original hex data file, the .c file, and a .o file.  Either
way, it's not as direct as I'd originally hoped.

BTW, the reason I want it linked with the executable is that each
executable may have a different configuration for the FPGA, depending on
the application.  This way, we don't have to worry about the program and
the configuration data getting mismatched.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com