Re: ecgs build problem...

Paul Breed wrote:

> I'm trying to build a m68k cross compiler to run under win32....
> When I try to build the compiler...
> It runs for awhile and then :
> checking whether the C compiler (/build/egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/build/egcs/gcc/
> -O2 ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
>
> Any clues?

 As the default it cannot create executables. You need to define the linker
script, give the libs to link etc.  Simply this means that you must have the
target known, which 'm68k' board it is, and so on...

 As a 'quick and dirty' solution, please just edit the 'specs' in the build
directory to have the needed info for some supported target. Here I use the
IDP-one :

---------------------
*link:
-T idp.ld%s

*lib:
-lc -lidp -lc

*libgcc:
-lgcc

*startfile:

---------------------

So change the '*link:', '*lib:' and '*startfile:' to be like the previous ones.
The startfile name is defined in the linker script (idp.ld), so the definition
in 'specs' is empty.

> Will egcs build using the stock gcc from the cygwin32 setup?

I build my win32-hosted cross-compilers with a Linux-to-cygwin32
cross-compiler, so the problems you could get depend on the Cygwin32
environment and how well it can behave just like Unix...

Regards,  Kai
To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.